I don’t believe it! I absolutely don’t believe it! Meine Kranheit- My illness! I spent one of the most beautiful days we’ve had so far in bed with a “krankhiet von meine Ohre, Nase, und meine Hals”. I have an ear, nose, and throat, problem. And my dreams are just so messed up. As it turns out I’m already home sick. It’s only the beginning of the third week and I’m already home sick. As I lay here in bed I here the Russians walking down the hall and talking in Russian. My first thought is of Mom and Pops so I tune in the chatter to hear what they’re saying and I want it to be English so badly that for a split second I think I understand what they’re saying and then I realize, then it hits me- it’s two Russian girls talking in Russian and I have no hope. As for my dream- I dreamt I had gone home for the day. I dreamt that Mom and I were rounding the corner from Sem Villa to South Milford and we were counting coins-quarters- to see if we had to go to O’Charlies- as is our usual fashion. We were counting quarters so no one would know we ate without them. Again as is our usual fashion we found that we didn’t have enough we pulled through some drive through- Steak ‘n’ Shake, KFC, take your pick- and called it just as good. Mom finished eating before I did so she pulled out an I kept eating then I remembered amd dreamed of ‘Mom’s last hurrah’ in the Blazzer and she and I went cruzin’ down unknown streets of Milford/Miami Township and then went home with Dunkin’ Donuts in hand like conquering heroes! From there I dreamt that Justin had an apartment in Old Milford above one of the shops and that we now had a Chinese restaurant down there and we jokingly called it the Chinese district. I dreamt that he was talking to Derick and I snuck into the auditorium where they were and heard some odd discussion on how some music sounded evil. Justin jumped a mile when I made my presence know by saying “Funny, how keen are family is to know what’s evil.” From there I left and was back in Mom’s Saturn with her at the wheel. We were meeting up with Pops in Terrace Park because his truck got a flat. It was then I realized that I needed to get back to Germany and I started the long walk to the airport. As I walked I knew it didn’t make sense I knew I shouldn’t have been there in the first place. I didn’t know how I’d gotten there either. As I walked I realized I was in my white nightgown with no shoes. A family was in front of me on the sidewalk a mom, a dad and two little boys about 2 and 4. The four year old turned around and tried to bite me. I gave him a good whack across the cheek. The mom turned to him and said that’s what you get and she turned to me and said “Don’t do that again! From there I left them behind and tried to thank how to get back to Germany before the weekend was over. How would I get back? I had no money, no clothes, no flight reservations, none of it made sense. After a little more walking and a little more confusion I woke up and found myself praying that the Russian were speaking English. I find myself wishing that I had a mother hen at hand. Nothing is worse than being sick, but being sick alone, with no one to care for you. “Woe be to the man that is alone. If there is two, and one falls the other man can help pick him up, but if the man is alone, and falls no one is there to help him up.”
No comments:
Post a Comment