Wilkommen zu Meine Deutsche Fahren!!!

Ich will nach Hause gehen!!! Ich will eine Kuchen und Mecklenburg Gardens!!!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Erfurt 08-14-08

I do not feel that I can give an accurate portrayal of Erfurt. The most I can say is that it was love at first sight. I loved how every five feet there was a bakery, every corner had a church, in use or falling apart- I don’t care. For every baker there was a pharmacy for every apothecary there was a store for shopping. The cars drove on the same roads as the trains did with the tracks. Every street had cobblestones. This is love! I only had a few hours and my allergies had finally beaten me about half way through. My left eye’s astigmatism kicked in and I could feel the work of the mountain pines’ finally knocking me out even though I was kilometers from there. It didn’t matter. I fell in love before the worst hit and I will pass back that way again with a far more accurate perception! I will be returning to Erfurt on Aug. 28- Sept. 1. The hostel is onlz $130.00 and its in the residential part of the city. I will take the city train in and out of town and walk the rest. I will give far more details on Aug. 30.

No comments: