Wilkommen zu Meine Deutsche Fahren!!!

Ich will nach Hause gehen!!! Ich will eine Kuchen und Mecklenburg Gardens!!!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Eisenach-Germany 08-22-08

Last night we went to Eisenach and saw so much. Not as much as I would have liked though. We were aloud to roam free in the city for 2 hours. I would have preferred a guided tour though. Even if I don’t understand what is being said I can get the gist and the guides make sure I see what I should. With the free time I didn’t see a thing I the spent 2 hours going in and out of shops along the main market street and forgot to examine the historical importance. The worst/best part is I didn’t even buy anything. Every time I saw something cute I thought “claires”, “overstock.com”, “Macy’s”, etc. and made a note of what it was and where to find it in America for a fraction of the price. Although I did pay special attention to the shoe stores, mine are drawing in on a year old and after having walked an average of 6 miles a day for a year they are a little worn out and starting to show it. I think I got my $40.00 worth from them, don’t you? By the time I get home I will be in desperate need of new. From there we loaded back onto the bus and went to Wartburg castle. It’s the spot where Martin Luther translated the Bible. Ya, that big historically important event, and I saw the place! In this moment the memories are my own and if you want to know what I know you must go and see it for your self. The one thing that did make a very big impression upon me was the ball room. The level of detail was just jaw dropping. This was a room that 150 people could fit into comfortably, even with all of the hoop skirts and dancing. If it were used for modern times and modern dresses- 250 people would be just as comfortable. I was thrilled to hear that they had classical music playing in there. I was positively hypnotized. I didn’t take in a word that the tour guide said. If Kristen hadn’t smacked me on the back to make me move I wouldn’t have. I forgot all about taking pictures too. I didn’t remember to take them until the very last second and that was only to capture the view of the surrounding area from the mountain top castle. My I just say that even with the path made and the stair being nice and sturdy, to climb up that mountain required a lot of balls from me and I can’t imagine how much balls it took to climb up before the stairs were made!!! I can’t imagine what it was like for the inhabitants of the castle to go day in and day out, up and down that path when it was made of dirt. I don’t think I would have done it unless I had the devil at my back and driving me upward!!!

No comments: